Nazareth Jesse Bako Reveals Crush For Flavour, Nazareth Jesse reveals crush for Flavour, Nazareth Jesse Bako, Flavour
Nazareth Jesse Bako was introduced to Nollywood by star actor and Gulder Ultimate Search presenter, Chidi Mokeme in 2007. Currently, she has starred in over 63 movies and still counting. In this exclusive chat with NKECHI CHIMA-ONYELE, she talks about how she started her acting career and then reveals her mad crush for popular highlife star, Flavour Nabaina.
Read Below:
What are you doing in Asaba?
I am based in Abuja but I am hardly in Abuja because I have a job here. Most times I am in Lagos where I started my acting career. I was in Lagos when I was called up for this job. At this point we don’t know the working title for this movie but when it is finally released you will know. After this movie I will be heading to Lagos for another job and from there, I am off to Owerri, Imo State for another job.
Why are you called Nazareth?
My father explained to me that Nazareth means covenant child. I am untouchable according to the words of God. I was born in Jerusalem but bred in Bida, Niger State. I attended Government Secondary School, Bida, Niger State. Thereafter, I obtained a National Diploma at Bida Polytechnic before proceeding to Kaduna Polytechnic where I obtained a Higher National Diploma in Business Administration. I also attended the University of Abuja where I bagged a degree in Economics and a PGD in Public Administration.
Tell us about growing up?
My father is the King of Robochi Village, located in Keju Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. I grew up in royalty because I am a princess and the first daughter in a family of eight. However, my father is a pastor at the Deeper Life Bible Church and he is a very religious man despite being a royal; he is a devout Christian.
As a Deeper Life church member. how were you able to cope with strict rules like not watching television among other restrictions placed on members of your sect?
It was really tough. We were restricted from watching television and videos. I was also prevented from making my hair. I was not allowed to wear jeans, shirts or trousers including makeup and earrings. Sometimes I had to sneak to my neighbour’s house to watch Indian films and when I returned home my parents scolded me. I felt really bad seeing other kids doing all the things I loved but was not allowed to do because my parents mandated us never to indulge in them. However, I enjoyed the religious aspect of my upbringing because it really helped me in my education and way of life. As an adult I now attend Living Faith Bible Church.
What were the lessons you learnt from your parents?
My father taught me not to use abusive language and to eschew telling lies. He told me that no matter the situation, I should never tell lies but the truth and apologize if necessary. He always told me to consider God first in everything I do and to live uprightly. He also taught me how to appreciate people no matter their background while my mother taught me patience and how to raise a girl child.
What did your mother tell you about men?
My mother taught me to be contented with what I have. She told me that when I eventually become employed, I would be able to get whatever I wanted with my money. She also taught me to beware of whatever a man chasing me tells me no matter my love for him. She told me that I should not believe everything a man tells me because there are lies and insincerity in their words. She also told me not to jump into any relationship but ensure my spirit connects with the man and that I should always know how to take care of myself as a woman.
When you eventually get married, would you believe whatever your husband tells you?
Definitely, you just have to act blind and believe whatever he tells you since he is the head of the family just as the Bible describes men.
How would you know when you finally connect to a man?
It is an interesting feeling that you will never experience until you meet that man.
What are those things you find attractive in a man?
I love hard working, ambitious and successful men because I can’t imagine myself starting life from scratch with any man. It no longer works for women because before you say Jackie Robinson, he has eloped with another woman. I need someone who has made it so that in case he starts giving me conditions about my job, I would be rest assured that he would be able to take care of my needs. Though, I won’t be highly demanding, he should be able to take care of me because I am his responsibility.
What  could make you stop acting?
No comments.
How did your father react to your choice of career?
He didn’t like it initially because of his religious background. Even my mother, because of the notion people have about actresses, that they engage in immoral lifestyle like prostitutions, she was against it. But I was able to convince my father about the industry and assured him that I will always be his true daughter. It is not compulsory that I must sleep with anyone in the industry to get to the peak of my career provided I am talented. However, my uncles, siblings and friends never stopped encouraging me to keep going.
What were you doing before you ventured into acting?
I worked at the National Assembly between 2008 and 2010. I left to concentrate on my acting career because of the satisfaction I derive from acting.
At what point did you come into Nollywood?
My foray into acting started years back when I was still in school. During the holidays I went for auditions and before I knew it, I started acting minor roles. In 2007, I embraced Nollywood fully after my HND programme. As a corps member I was also acting. Thereafter a friend took me to an audition in Abuja where I joined the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) Abuja chapter as an Abuja-based actress.
As a Hausa babe, one would expect you to have started from Kannywood…
(Cuts in) When I started acting it was not possible to join Kannywood because they were based in Kaduna and Kano. But God introduced me to Nollywood through Chidi Mokeme. However, I have featured in two Kannywood movies.
Don’t you think you have added advantage as an Hausa actress to feature in both Nollywood and Kannywood?
It is a privilege and I thank God for it; I will always be delightful working with them.
What was your experience like on the set of your first movie?
Though, I started acting in church but the first and last movie where I played wakapass was entitled Pretty Angel; I acted alongside Chidi Mokeme and Ini Edo among others.
How many movies have you featured in so far?
I have featured in over 63 movies since I joined Nollywood professionally.
In one of the movies you played the role of a bad girl involved in human trafficking. You were so calm acting your role. How were you able to connect with the character?
That was Enemies Among Us, produced by Noble Films. I still don’t know why people perceive me as a very calm and innocent lady in that picture? Maybe it was because of my looks and behavior. Honestly, I think people misjudge my personality. But just the same, it was challenging because I had to depict the character to the best of my knowledge.
Among the movies you have featured, which has been the most challenging?
That was Erak & Eran, where I played the role of a prostitute in 2007. I acted half nude. I wore a mini skirt and bra. I found it very difficult because I treasure my body so much; I just wasn’t used to baring so much. But I had to play the role because I am a professional.
You must have been well paid for that role?
(Laughter) But I wouldn’t tell you the amount.
Can you act nude?
Yes! I can act nude but on my terms and conditions.
What are the terms and conditions?
It is personal; it should be discussed between my employers and I.
You mean you don’t mind people’s opinion and perception of your personality?
Acting nude has nothing to do with having sex on set which I cannot do for all the money in the world.
Among the veterans of Nollywood, who were those you look up to back then?
Liz Benson, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Stella Damasus and Genevieve Nnaji are actresses I have always admired.
Nollywood is highly competitive especially among actresses. How were you able to find your feet?
I enjoy all the advances and complements from fans but the competition among actresses is very high and I don’t think it is healthy. I think we should live in unity because we need one another to grow. I must appreciate all my friends, colleagues, producers and directors for believing in me, especially my fans because without then I wouldn’t be here today.
You had a sizzling romance with Frank Artus which was the envy of most actresses in the industry. What led to the break-up?
We had a wonderful relationship but we both sat down and agreed on breaking up because I cannot settle down with him since he is committed to another woman. But we are still good friends. However, I had expected something meaningful to come out of the relationship and it was not forth coming so I had to move on with my life.
Tell us about the man in your life now?
I wouldn’t lie about my relationship. Presently I have no man in my life. My career is most imperative for now.
Are you saying you don’t have a boyfriend?
I don’t have a boyfriend but I am expecting him to come along (laughter).
So you don’t have a lover?
Yes. I am looking for Flavour (more laughter).
Why Flavour among all the men in the world?
I have a crush on him.
If he asks you for a relationship will you jump at it?
I just like his person but I don’t know him intimately. That is the only way I could know if he is my kind of man but from afar I like him.
How d you hope to have him with all the ladies around him?
I don’t know about all the other ladies around him; I only know about my feelings for him.
How many admirers do you encounter on a daily basis?
I have so many men asking me out for relationships but I need a husband material in my life now.
Source: The Sun

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top